- 2 kg lamb chunks
- 4 big onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 g dates, pitted & diced
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- ¼ cup. rose water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Emirati ibzar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
How to Prepare
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook in the meat on high heat from both sides until golden brown.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and ibzar and stir.
- Add 2 MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes and 2 cups of water.
- Cover and keep cooking on very low heat for 45 mins until done.
- Dissolve the saffron in rose water, add the meat and keep cooking for 10 extra mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil and cook in the onions until it becomes soft.
- Add the cinnamon and date syrup and keep cooking for 10 mins until the onion is caramelized.
- Add the caramelized onion-dates mixture on the top of the meat, cover and keep cooking until the sauce Is reduced.
- Serve hot with white rice.