- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 parts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 coriander parsley bouquet
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 cups chickpeas
- For the tfaya:
- 5 big onions, sliced
- 1 cup dried raisins, soaked in water
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. orange blossom water
- For the couscous:
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Roasted almonds to serve
How to Prepare
- Heat the oil in a pan, and cook in the chicken from both side until golden brown.
- Add the spices, onion, saffron and coriander parsley bouquet.
- Add MAGGI® chicken stock cubes and about 2 cups of water.
- Cover and let cook until chicken is tender.
- Add the chickpeas to chicken when it’s done and keep cooking for 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, Heat the canola oil in a frying pan, and add the onions. Cook until tender.
- Add the cinnamon, sticks, honey and raisins... let’s caramelize on low heat until we obtain an onion marmalade.
- Add the orange blossom water and remove from the heat.
- Mix the couscous with water and olive oil in a large bowl. Cover and let it steam for 15 minutes.
- Serve the steamed couscous topped with chicken chickpeas sauce and onion marmalade then sprinkle with almonds.