- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 parts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 coriander parsley bouquet
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups chickpeas
- For the Tfaya:
- 5 big onions, sliced
- 1 cup dried raisins, soaked in water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water
- For the Couscous:
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Roasted almonds to serve
How to Prepare
- Heat oil in a pan, and cook the chicken from both side until golden brown.
- Add the spices, onion, saffron and coriander parsley bouquet.
- Add MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and about 2 cups of water.
- Cover and let cook until the chicken is tender.
- Add the chickpeas to the chicken when it’s done and keep cooking for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the canola oil in a frying pan, and add the onions. Cook until tender.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, honey and raisins. Caramelize on low heat until we obtain an onion marmalade.
- Add the orange blossom water and remove from the heat.
- Mix the couscous with water and olive oil in a large bowl. Cover and let it steam for 15 minutes.
- Serve the steamed couscous topped with chicken chickpeas sauce and onion marmalade then sprinkle with almonds.