- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock with Natural Herbs
- 6 medium chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 2 cm squares
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 mins
How to Prepare
- In a mixing bowl, mix lemon juice, yogurt, tomato paste and garlic, and crumble MAGGI® Chicken Stock with Natural Herbs over the mixture.
- Add the chicken pieces and drizzle olive oil on top. Cover and allow to rest in the fridge for 10-15 mins for the chicken to absorb the marinade.
- Carefully thread the chicken pieces on to the bamboo skewers, and alternate every two pieces of chicken with a piece of red bell pepper.
- Grill shish taouk on all sides in a preheated oven or on an open fire until the chicken is fully cooked and golden, for around 8-10 mins. Serve with green salad and Arabic bread.