- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400 g boneless lamb, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2/3 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 300 g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced in 1-2 cm cubes
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 300 g Saj bread
- ¼ cup pine seeds, lightly toasted
How to Prepare
- Dissolve 2 MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes in two cups of hot water and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan and sear the lamb cubes until golden. Add onions and continue frying until onions are soft.
- Add garlic, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom and MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon. Cover and simmer for 90 mins or until meat is fully cooked. Remove cinnamon stick, bay leaves, and cloves and discard.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, sweet potato and raisins to the stew and allow to simmer on low heat for 15 mins or until sweet potato is fork tender. Add more water to the stew if it starts to stick to the bottom.
- Add fresh lemon juice to the stew and gently stir and remove from heat.
- Place Saj bread on a large platter, spoon over the thick lamb and sweet potato stew and garnish with lightly toasted pine seeds.