- 3 large eggplants
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium or 150 g onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium or 100 g green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups or 200 g white mushrooms, chopped
- 600 ml skimmed milk
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel Mix
How to Prepare
- Cut eggplants length-wise and sprinkle salt on the flesh, allow eggplant to sit for 1 hour, then wash off bitter juices and salt. Pat dry and place on a roasting pan, bake in preheated oven at 190°C for 30 mins until soft. Using a spoon scoop out the seeds.
- Meanwhile heat vegetable oil in a frying pan, add onions and peppers and sauté until soft. Add mushrooms and cook for an additional 3-4 mins, stir in eggplant flesh, remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. And place the eggplants inside.
- Combine skimmed milk and MAGGI® Béchamel Mix in a deep saucepan, and stir over medium high heat until thickened.Pour béchamel sauce over stuffed eggplants and bake in oven for 20 mins until golden on top.
- Chef Tips: Allow to cool before transferring to a serving dish. Serve with steamed rice. For a variation, you can add your choice of protein such as cooked minced meat or chicken breast to this dish as desired.