- 600 g lean beef
- 4 g or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 12 g flour or 1 teaspoon
- 1 medium onion
- 12 g or 1 tablespoons Saudi Baharat Spice Mix
- 2 g or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 4 g or 1 teaspoon cumin seed powder
- 30 g or 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 100 g or 1 medium tomato
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 2 cups or 500 ml water
- 600 g or 2 cans chickpeas
- 20 g or 4 tablespoons coriander leaves
How to Prepare
- In a deep frying pan, brown beef cubes for 3-4 mins.Add flour and onions and cook until onions are soft.
- Add Saudi Baharat, cinnamon, cumin and tomato paste and sauté for 1-2 mins. Then add tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 mins.
- Add MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and water; bring to a boil and stir all ingredients together and simmer over medium heat for 20 mins until beef is tender.
- Add chickpeas, cover and simmer for another 20 mins.
- Stir in fresh coriander leaves and serve with flat bread or steamed rice.