- 200 g chicken thighs cut into cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet toast slices (around 20 pieces), cut into squares
- 750 ml skimmed milk
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel Mix
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 180°C and place rack on medium level.
- In a medium pan sauté chicken thighs with the chopped garlic. When cooked add in the mushrooms, scallions until tender stir in the Italian herbs.
- Remove chicken and mushroom mixture from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Brush an oven mould with olive oil.
- Place half the quantity of the toast in the bottom of the mold.
- Prepare sauce by combining MAGGI® Béchamel Mix and skimmed milk in a deep saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the needed thickness.
- Stir and remove from heat. Pour half of the sauce in an oven-proof baking dish.
- Pour ¼ of the béchamel sauce on the top of the toast.
- Mix the remaining béchamel sauce with the chicken, mushroom mixture and spoon it into the dish.
- Top with the Gruyere cheese. Bake in oven preheated to 180°C for 20 mins or until golden brown.