- For the dough: • 3 cups or 420g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast, dissolved in 4 tablespoons warm water
- ¾ cup or 185ml water
- For the stuffing: 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small or 100g onion, diced to small pieces
- 250g minced chicken
- 1 medium or 100g baby zucchini, diced to small pieces
- 1 small or 100g green capsicum, diced to small pieces
- 1 or 70g baby eggplant, diced to small pieces
- 1 medium or 150g tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cubes MAGGI Chicken Stock, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine seeds, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon ground Arabic seven spices
How to Prepare
- Place flour in a deep bowl; add sugar, salt, oil and mix well with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the dissolved yeast and mix. Gradually add little quantities of water and mix thoroughly until a dough forms. Cover with kitchen cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in saucepan and sauté onion for 2 minutes then add minced chicken and stir until chicken is cooked then add the baby zucchini, capsicum and eggplant and stir over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Ad
- Roll the dough into round 3 millimeters thin pastry. Using a medium size cup or dough cutter, cut round pieces of the dough. Place 1 tablespoon of the stuffing in the center of each piece and seal the edges by twisting them or pressing with fork.
- Place the stuffed sambousek in a greased oven tray keeping around 1cm space between each piece from other and place them in a warm area for 30 minutes or until stuffed sambousek dough rise up.
- Bake sambousek in a 250ºC preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until it becomes golden brown in color. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Cooking Tips: brush the top part of sambousek with scrambled raw egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds before baking for a better look.