- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1/4 cup rosewater
- 1 whole chicken, skin removed and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large sliced onions
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
How to Prepare
- Combine saffron and rosewater and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken pieces, yogurt, ginger, garlic and tomato paste, MAGGI® Powder Seasoning and lemon juice and mix until well incorporated. Cover and allow to rest in fridge for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions in a large rice pot until golden. Remove onions and set aside. In the same pot, add the chicken and yogurt mixture and cook over medium heat for 45 mins until chicken is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil soaked rice in a large pot until al-dente, drain and pour rice over the cooked chicken and yogurt mixture.
- Add the fried onions and coriander leaves on top and drizzle with saffron and rosewater mixture.
- Cover tightly and allow to cook over low heat for 30 mins.