- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 medium carrot cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 pieces whole green cardamom
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Seasoning
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 kg whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 2 cups washed basmati rice
- 50 g golden raisins
- 50 g almond slivers
- 1 tablespoon butter
How to Prepare
- In a medium rice pot, sauté onions in oil until golden. Add garlic, carrots, tomato paste and cardamom and cook for 2 mins.
- Add MAGGI® Powder Seasoning, water and chicken and simmer over medium heat until chicken is fully cooked. Gently remove chicken and place on a roasting tray with skin-side up and roast in oven for 15 mins or until skin is golden.
- Add rice to the reserved chicken broth and adjust with additional water if needed, so that the broth is fully covering the rice. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until rice is fork tender.
- Meanwhile, sauté almond and raisins in butter for 2 mins until raisins are plump and almond is slightly golden.
- To assemble the dish, gently transfer rice on to a large platter, sprinkle top with raisin and almond slivers and arrange roasted chicken on top. Serve with yogurt, salad and hot sauce.