- 1 kg chicken parts with bone and skin
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp MAGGI® Khaleeji Cooking Paste
- 5 cups water
- 2 whole loomi, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 medium green chilies, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander and parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp rosewater
How to Prepare
- In a nonstick rice pot, sear chicken pieces with sunflower oil on medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add MAGGI® Khaleeji Cooking Paste, water, loomi, and green chillies (replace with bell pepper for a less spicy flavour) and cook for an additional 10 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add washed basmati rice, herbs and rosewater and gently stir to mix together chicken and rice. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes until rice is fully cooked and stock is absorbed.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with fresh yogurt and Arabic salad.