- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 large chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 450 g moghrabieh pasta
- 2 cups pickled baby onion, drained
- 1 can cooked chick peas, drained
How to Prepare
- In a large pot, sauté onions in canola oil until soft. Add water, chicken, cinnamon stick, caraway seeds and crumble 2 cubes of MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat until chicken is fully cooked.
- Carefully remove chicken pieces and reserve stock and discard cinnamon stick. Place chicken pieces on a roasting tray with the skin side up, and grill in preheated oven until skin is golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a deep saucepan, add moghrabieh pasta and toss around until slightly golden. Pour the reserved stock 1 cup at a time over the pasta and cook over medium heat until the stock is absorbed and pasta is soft.
- Stir in pickled onions and chick peas (reserving some for garnish) into the pasta and cook for an additional 3-4 mins.
- Transfer pasta to a serving platter, arrange roasted chicken over and garnish top with reserved chickpeas.