- 5 slices white toast, crust removed
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup whole walnuts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups water
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 kg boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat cream
- 2 cups short-grain rice, cooked
How to Prepare
- Start by preparing the sauce.
- In a food processor, add bread, garlic and walnuts. Blend till it reaches a fine texture.
- Sauté the chicken breasts with onions until golden on all sides. Add MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon, pour water and leave it until tender.
- Drain and keep the broth to use it for the sauce.
- In a cooking pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add the bread-walnut mixture, and season it with a pinch of nutmeg.
- Sauté until the mixture starts to turn lightly golden. Pour in 2½ cups of the broth and whisk to make sure the sauce is very smooth. Season with pepper.
- Add the cream. Cook over very low heat for a few minutes.
- To assemble the dish, place the cooked rice in a dish. Ladle some of the sauce over the rice and top with chicken.
- Garnish the Chicken Sharkaseya with roughly chopped walnuts for more texture and a lovely nutty flavour.