- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons dried red chili
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Indian Masala Mix
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 medium chicken, skin removed and cut into 8 pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 5 cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
How to Prepare
- Place garlic, chili, mustard seeds, vinegar, onions, tomatoes and MAGGI® Indian Masala Mix in a blender and process to a rough paste.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil, add bay leaf and chicken and simmer for 15 mins until chicken is cooked. Remove bay leaf, add masala paste and potatoes, cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 30 mins until potatoes are tender and soft.
- Finish with chopped coriander and mint leaves as optional garnish and serve with steamed rice.