- 5 large onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 teaspoons fresh zaatar
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon
- 2 kg medium whole chicken, cut into quarters
- 4-5 loaves naan bread (thick flat bread)
- ½ cup pine seeds, toasted
- Lemon wedges, optional garnish
How to Prepare
- In a deep pot, sauté onions in olive oil until golden. Stir in 4 teaspoons of zaatar. Remove from the pot and keep warm.
- In the same pot, add hot water, 2 teaspoons zaatar, MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon and chicken pieces. Gently simmer over medium heat until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove the chicken from the broth, arrange on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining zaatar. Roast in a preheated oven until golden on top.
- Meanwhile, soak 2 bread loaves in stock and lay flat on a serving platter. Spoon half of the prepared onion on top and repeat for the remaining bread and onions. Spoon the remaining stock over the bread to ensure it is soaked. Arrange the roasted chicken on top and garnish with pine seeds and a squeeze of lemon before serving.