- 500 g whole wheat fettuccine or spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock with Natural Herbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Prepare
- Cook pasta in salted water. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking water.
- While pasta cooks, cook tomatoes in a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp. olive oil, stirring often, until slightly softened for 3 minutes. Add shallots and cook, stirring until shallots and tomatoes are softened, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook by stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of the reserved cooking water, MAGGI® Chicken Stock with Natural Herbs and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and blend the mix using a hand blender and stir in pasta.
- Stir in egg yolks one at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- Return skillet to medium-low and cook, until sauce is slightly thickened and creamy for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in chives, parmesan cheese and mix until cheese melts and sauce is smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup cooking water if necessary to reach desired consistency.