- 400g lean beef kofta
- medium 2 eggplant, cut into disks
- 2 olive oil
- 500ml skimmed milk
- 1 MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce Mix
- ½ tahini paste
- ¼ fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- 10-12 sheets ready filo pastry
- 1-2 toasted pine seeds, optional topping
- 1-2 chopped parsley, optional topping
How to Prepare
- Make kofta into small disks and place on an oven tray along with eggplant disks. Brush eggplants with olive oil, and cook kofta and eggplant in a preheated oven at 2000C for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan prepare béchamel sauce by combining skimmed milk and MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce Mix. Stir over medium heat until thickened. Stir in tahini sauce and lemon juice, and remove from heat.
- Gently line the bottom of a round cake tin with filo pastry. Arrange half of the grilled eggplants and kofta on the bottom and pour half of the prepared béchamel sauce over them. Arrange the remaining eggplant and meat, and pour the remaining sauce over i
- Baste with egg wash and bake in preheated oven at 1900C for 20-30 minutes until golden on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before flipping over a serving dish. Optionally garnish with toasted pine seeds and chopped parsley.