- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 medium green chili
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Indian Masala Mix
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup black lentils washed and drained
- 4 tablespoon light cooking cream
- 2-3 tablespoon coriander leaves roughly chopped
How to Prepare
- Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli, onion, tomatoes and MAGGI® Indian Masala Mix in a blender and puree it to a coarse paste.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large pan and add mustard seeds to it. Then add the masala paste and sauté until aromatic. Add water and black lentils, and simmer over medium heat for around 45 mins or until lentils are fully cooked and soft.
- Use a blender to puree this mixture for about 2-3 mins. Stir in cream and garnish with coriander leaves before serving with paratha bread.
- Chef’s Tip: Soaking lentils overnight will make them softer, and cuts down cooking time extensively.