- ¼ cup green lentils
- ¼ cup black lentils
- ¼ cup chick peas
- ¼ cup yellow lentils
- 3 medium shallots finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 medium green chilli
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 6 cups water
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 3-4 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
How to Prepare
- Soak all 4 lentils in cold water for 1 hour, drain and set aside. In a deep saucepan, sauté shallots in vegetable oil until soft. Add ginger and garlic paste, coriander seed powder, mango powder, garam masala, green chili, curry leaves and tomato paste and cook for an extra minute.
- Add drained dhal to the pan plus water and 2 cubes of MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and simmer over medium-low heat until dhal is fully cooked and sauce is pulpy.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with naan or steamed rice.