- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup NIDO® Full Cream Milk Powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 400g minced meat
- 1 small leek, cleaned and finely chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2/3 cup labneh (Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 small tomato, sliced (optional garnish)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional garnish)
How to Prepare
- In a large bowl, combine flour, egg, NIDO® Full Cream Milk Powder, vegetable oil and salt. Rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Gradually add water and mix to form a soft dough. Roll out and layer the bottom of a 3 cm deep dish.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by heating vegetable oil in a large pan, add onions and cook until soft. Add meat, cumin, leeks and garlic and cook until meat is half cooked.
- Add MAGGI® Chicken Stock cubes and water and continue cooking until meat is fully done and water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile combine tahini, labneh, lemon juice and coriander leaves in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Remove tart pan from the fridge, discard plastic film and pour meat mixture over dough. Pour tahini sauce over meat and spread to fully cover the meat, arrange tomato slices and sprinkle sesame seeds on top as an optional garnish.
- Bake tart in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes until dough is cooked and filling is firm. Allow to cool slightly, cut into slices and serve.