- 8-10 medium tomatoes, hollowed, seeded and flesh reserved
- 600 g minced beef or lamb
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Seasoning
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 medium green chili chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 cups Egyptian rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cups water
- 5 tablespoon almond slivers
How to Prepare
- Using a paring knife, cut a small circle on top of each tomato and remove the stem. With a small spoon, hollow the tomato taking care not to cut the body. Reserve the flesh and chop if too large.
- In a mixing bowl, combine minced meat, MAGGI® Powder Seasoning, onions, coriander and the flesh from the tomato and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Carefully spoon the meat mixture inside each tomato and arrange stuffed tomatoes on the bottom of a nonstick rice pot with the opening facing up.
- Pour rice over the tomatoes and add cinnamon stick over the rice, pour water over top and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until rice is fully cooked (about 60 mins).
- Meanwhile, roast almonds in a greased pan until slightly golden.
- To serve, remove pot from heat and remove cover to allow the hot steam to evaporate.
- Place a serving platter over the opening of the pot, carefully in one motion flip the pot content on to the platter.
- Garnish with roasted almonds.