- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 400 g lean beef kofta
- ½ cup tahini
- 750 ml skimmed milk
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel Mix
- ½ cup pine-seeds, lightly toasted
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Lemon wedges.
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 1800C and place rack on medium level.
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 3/4cm thick pieces with skin into 2 slices, rub with olive oil and bake on an oven pan until soft and slightly brown. Remove and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Divide and shape kofta meat into 12 small patties, about 5 mm thick. Bake in oven until cooked, but not brown. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile sauté onions in vegetable oil until soft and golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare sauce by combining MAGGI® Béchamel Mix and skimmed milk in a deep saucepan. Stir over medium heat until thick. Stir in tahini and remove from heat. Pour half of the sauce in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Place an eggplant sheet on a flat work surface. Place 1 kofta patty and a tbsp. of cooked onion and roll into a wrap. Place the rolled eggplant over the béchamel in the dish. Repeat for the remaining eggplant and filling. Pour remaining sauce over top and bake in the preheated oven till done.
- Remove and garnish with toasted pine seeds and parsley and serve with lemon wedges.