- 3 medium eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1-cm thick slices
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- For the stuffing:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g minced meat
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, roasted
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock with Natural Herbs
- Pinch of pepper
- For tomato sauce:
- juice of 1 tomato
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- a sprinkle of dried thyme or oregano
How to Prepare
- Place eggplant slices on a hot skillet and grill them on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until you see grill marks. Set aside.
- Sauté onion, then add minced meat and sauté until brown. Add 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock with Natural Herbs. Cook for 5 more minutes and set aside.
- In a new skillet, sauté garlic for 20 seconds, then add the tomato juice, paprika and pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Prepare stuffing by mixing together ricotta cheese and meat mixture in a bowl. Add dill, pine nuts and set aside.
- Put an eggplant slice on a plate, place a spoonful of the stuffing on the smaller side of the eggplant and roll it.
- Put some tomato sauce on the serving dish first, then place the rolled eggplants and top it with tomato sauce.
- Garnish with dill and pine nuts.