- 2 large eggplants
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 600 g minced lamb
- 1 medium chilli pepper (jalapeno,serrano)
- 5 cloves fresh garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 large tomatoes,sliced into 5 mm disks
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel Mix
- 3 cups skimmed milk
- 6 tablespoon Mozarella cheese, grated
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 180°C and place rack on medium level.
- Peel and slice eggplant into 2 cm disks. Sprinkle with salt and allow bitter juices to drain for 30 mins. Pat dry with a kitchen towel and fry in batches in vegetable oil, remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté onions until golden. Add the minced lamb and continue cooking until lamb is fully cooked. Add chili, garlic, tomato paste cinnamon, black pepper and oregano and cook for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare béchamel sauce by mixing MAGGI® Béchamel Mix into skimmed milk, bring to a boil and allow to cook for 2-3 mins until thickened.
- Line half the prepared eggplant and tomatoes on the bottom of a baking dish, cover with minced lamb mixture and line the remaining eggplant and tomatoes over meat.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the top and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until cheese is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.