- 2 medium or 750g eggplant, cut into large cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium or 125g onion, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 medium or 300g tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cubes MAGGI Vegetable Stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups or 750ml water
- 1 tin or 240g chickpeas, drained
- small pinch cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
How to Prepare
- Grill eggplant cubes in a large non-stick pan from all sides and set them aside.
- Warm olive oil in a medium saucepan and sautÃ© onion for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic and stir until fragrant then add the tomato and stir for 5 minutes or until tomato is tender.
- Add MAGGI Vegetable Stock cubes, tomato paste, water, and the prepared eggplant. Bring to boil then simmer over low heat for 15 minutes or until eggplant is almost cooked.
- Add chickpeas, cinnamon powder and dried mint and simmer for 10 minutes or until eggplant is completely cooked.