- 1 cube MAGGI® Chicken Stock
- 4 cups water
- 1 whole (1kg) chicken, skin removed and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbsp.olive oil
- 3 tbsp. MAGGI® Coriander & Garlic Cooking Paste
- 400 g Molokhia leaves (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
How to Prepare
- In a deep pot, combine MAGGI® Chicken Stock and water and bring to a boil. Carefully add chicken pieces and simmer over medium heat until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken pieces and reserve stock.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot sauté MAGGI® Coriander & Garlic Cooking Paste for 1 minute, add Molokhia leaves and reserved chicken stock and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in fresh lemon juice.
- To serve, transfer Molokhia stew to a deep platter, and arrange chicken pieces over top.
- Serve with steamed rice or bread.