- 2 kg lamb shanks
- 2 tablespoons Emirati ibzar
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 onions, sliced
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup almonds, blanched
- 6 margoog bread/Iranian for serving
How to Prepare
- In a small bowl, mix the ibzar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, ginger paste and garlic paste.
- Rub the meat with this mixture and marinate for 2 hours at least, before cooking.
- Place the meat in a steamer pot with 8 cups of water under it and cover it. Let it cook for 1 hour.
- Place the cooked meat in a baking tray, then brush with the rest of olive oil. Bake it in a preheated oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, add the MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes to the water under the steamer pot then bring it to boil.
- Add rice to the meat stock and cook until rice is tender and stock is absorbed.
- Wrap the meat with the margood bread and toast it again in the oven.
- Cook the onion in 1 tablespoon oil with raisins and almonds until golden brown.
- Serve the rice topped with the almond-raisin mixture and the margood meat.