- 2 medium eggplants cut into slices
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800 g minced lamb
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Seasoning
- 1 chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves diced
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 cups yoghurt
- 1/2 cup tahini sauce
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional garnish)
- 2 cups Arabic bread, cut into small parts & toasted.
How to Prepare
- Sprinkle salt over eggplant and allow bitter juices to run out.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions in olive oil until soft. Add minced beef, garlic, parsley and MAGGI® Powder Seasoning and cook for 10-15 mins until fully cooked.
- Brush eggplant with olive oil and roast in oven until slightly golden and tender.
- Prepare sauce by combining yogurt, tahini and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- To assemble the dish, layer half of the bread on a deep serving dish, layer minced meat over top and remaining bread on top. Drizzle tahini sauce over top and optionally garnish with chili pepper.