- 1500g chicken breast fillet
- 1 tablespoon white ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sumac
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium onions, cut into slices
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 4 loaves pita bread
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500 g yoghurt
- 3 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 loaves Iranian bread
- 1 cup pine nuts, slightly toasted
- 1 cup chickpea, canned
How to Prepare
- In a large mixing bowl, marinate the chicken for 1 hour with pepper, garlic, half of the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of sumac and half the olive oil.
- Fry whole chicken breasts, the marinate sauce and onions in a frying pan on medium-high heat for 15-20 mins or until fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from pan. In the same pan, add remaining sumac, olive oil, lemon juice, water and 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon. Cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Roughly shred the chicken into strips and keep it in a warm place to retain heat.
- Cut the pita bread into 2cm squares, fry in a pan till golden brown.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, tahini and garlic powder.
- In a serving dish, lay the bread flat, pour half the sumac and onion sauce over it. Place the shredded chicken on top of it with the rest of the sauce.
- Next, layer the fried pita pieces on top of the sauce and pour the yogurt and tahini sauce over them.
- Garnish with pine seeds, cooked chickpeas and serve.
Energy: 706.00 Kcal