- 3 large eggplants, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 loaves pita bread, cut into squares
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked chick peas, drained
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon
- 3 cups yogurt
- ½ cup tahini
- 1-2 tablespoon parsley leaves, chopped
How to Prepare
- Prepare eggplant by peeling and cutting into wedges. Sprinkle salt and allow bitter juices to drain out. Wash off salt and pat dry before baking in oven or frying in oil. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Bake bread pieces in oven until crispy and golden. Then set aside.
- In a medium pan, sauté onions in vegetable oil until soft. Add chickpeas, MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon, and water and cook over medium heat for 5 mins until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce by combining yogurt, tahini, lemon juice and parsley, and mix until smooth.
- To assemble, place a layer of bread on a serving dish, arrange eggplant over the top and spoon chickpea mix over the eggplants. Top with prepared yogurt sauce before serving.