- 1 sachet MAGGI® Indian Masala Mix
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium green chili
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 handful fresh curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup tamarind paste, soaked in 4 cups hot water and strained
- 600 g king fish fillet, cut into 5 cm pieces
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
How to Prepare
- Combine MAGGI® Indian Masala Mix, onion, green chili, tomato paste, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves in a blender and process to a smooth paste.
- In a large saucepan, toast mustard seeds in vegetable oil until starting to crack, add prepared paste and sauté for 5 mins until aromatic.
- Stir in tamarind mixture, and add fish pieces to the curry. Simmer over medium heat for 30 mins until fish is fully cooked and sauce is slightly thickened. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving with bread.