- 800 g kingfish fillet, cut into 10 cm pieces
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 medium green chili (optional)
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 5 tablespoon MAGGI® Coconut Milk Powder
- 4 cups water
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Indian Masala Mix
How to Prepare
- Rub kingfish fillet with cumin and coriander powder and sear in a hot deep pan until golden. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, sauté shallots until golden, add nigella and mustard seeds and continue cooking until they start to pop. Add chili, curry leaves and tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute.
- Dissolve MAGGI® Coconut Milk Powder in water and add to the pan in addition to the MAGGI® Indian Masala Mix and simmer over medium-low heat until the gravy is slightly thick, for around 20 mins.
- Return fish to the pan and cook for an additional 15 mins until all the spices are absorbed into the fish. Transfer to a serving dish and serve next to steamed rice or naan.