- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup freekeh, washed, rinsed and soaked for about 2 hours
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 4 cups of hot water
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup light cream
How to Prepare
- In a deep saucepan, sauté shallots, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil until soft. Add drained freekeh and sauté over heat to toast slightly.
- Add MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and 1 cup hot water and sauté until water is absorbed. Repeat adding water 1 cup at a time until freekeh is fully cooked and tender.
- Stir in parsley, cream and Parmesan cheese and cook over medium-low heat for 2 mins. Transfer the Freekeh Risotto to a serving dish and serve hot.