- 1 (50-g) medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves (10-g) fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (100-g) mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups freekeh, washed, rinsed and soaked for about 2 hours
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Chicken Stock
- 4 cups of hot water
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup light cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
How to Prepare
- In a deep saucepan sauté Shallots, Garlic and Mushrooms in Olive oil until soft, add drained Freekeh and sauté over heat to toast slightly.
- Add MAGGI Powder Chicken Stock and 1 cup hot Water and sauté until water is absorbed, repeat adding water 1 cup at a time until Freekeh is fully cooked and tender.
- Stir in Parsley, Cream and Parmesan Cheese and cook over medium low heat for 2 minutes, transfer to a serving dish and serve.