- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Kabsa Mix
- 1 large chicken, skin removed and cut into 8 pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups freekeh, washed and soaked
- ½ cup toasted nuts, optional garnish
How to Prepare
- In a deep saucepan sauté onions in vegetable oil until soft. Add MAGGI® Kabsa Mix and water and bring to a boil. Add chicken and simmer over medium heat until fully cooked. Gently remove chicken, set aside and keep warm.
- Add freekeh to chicken broth and simmer over medium-low heat for 40 mins until liquid is absorbed and freekeh is tender.
- Transfer the Freekeh with Chicken to a serving dish, arrange chicken pieces over top and garnish with toasted nuts.