- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups green beans
- 750ml skimmed milk
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel Mix
- 1/3 cup low-fat gruyere cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup fried onions, optional garnish
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place rack on medium level.
- Sauté onions in vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat until golden. Stir in balsamic vinegar and cook for another minute and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil, cook green beans until tender but not fully cooked. Then drain and mix with the onions.
- Prepare sauce by combining skimmed milk and MAGGI® Béchamel Mix, and cook over medium heat until slightly thick.
- Pour béchamel sauce over the bean and onion mixture, sprinkle cheese and bread crumbs on top and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden on top.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly. Optionally, sprinkle fried onions and serve.
- Serve as a side dish to grilled chicken steak.