- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups brown lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon
- 2 cups farfalle pasta, boiled and drained
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 4 teaspoon fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-3 cups pita bread, toasted
- ¼ cup fried onions (optional topping)
How to Prepare
- In a medium size pot sauté onions in vegetable oil until golden, remove half and reserve for garnish.
- Add lentils, water and MAGGI® Powder Chicken Bouillon and cook until lentils are half cooked. Add pasta, and pomegranate molasses and cook on low heat until pasta is soft and lentils are fully cooked. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Meanwhile sauté garlic and coriander in a shallow frying pan, and mix in the reserved fried onions.
- To serve, transfer pasta and lentil mixture on a serving dish, spoon fried onion, coriander and garlic mixture on top and garnish with toasted pita bread and toasted pine seeds as an optional garnish.