- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400 g low-fat minced beef
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 medium onion or 100 g, finely chopped
- 4 cloves or 20 g fresh garlic, finely crushed
- 1 medium or 75 g carrot, diced
- 1 stalk or 50 g celery, diced
- 1 cup or 250 ml water
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon or 2 g dried basil leaves
- 2 bay leafs
- 2 cans or 800 g crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup or 250 g Ricotta Cheese
- 300 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 medium egg, slightly beaten
- 4 cups or 1 litre skimmed milk
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel Mix
- ½ pack or 250 g lasagna pasta sheets
- ½ cup or 50 g Mozzarella, grated
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 175°C and place rack to middle position.
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil, add the minced beef and black pepper and brown over high heat until fully cooked. Remove from pot and set aside to cool slightly.
- Using the same pot, add onions, garlic, carrots, celery and sauté for 3-4 mins.
- Add water, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon, basil, bay leaves and crushed tomatoes and simmer on medium heat for 20 mins. Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl combine Ricotta Cheese, spinach and egg and mix until smooth and set aside.
- Combine skimmed milk and MAGGI® Béchamel Mix in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and allow to simmer until slightly thick. remove from heat and set aside.
- Spoon 1/4 of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, arrange pasta sheets on top and spread the cooked minced meat over the top and sprinkle with half of the Mozzarella cheese and layer another row of pasta sheets over the top.
- Spoon over more tomato sauce over the pasta and layer with another row of lasagna sheets.
- Spoon over the Ricotta cheese and spinach filling on top and layer the final layer of pasta sheets over the top.
- Gently push pasta sheets down with your fingers to even the filling, pour over the remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Pour Béchamel Sauce over top and bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 35-40 mins or until pasta is cooked and slightly golden on top.