- 3 cups or ½ kg Jareesh
- 2 tablespoons or 30 ml vegetable oil
- 4 medium or 600 g onions, diced
- 2 cloves or 10 g fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons or 10 g ginger, grated
- 1-2 or 10 g fresh red chili, more if preferred
- 1 teaspoon or 5 g curry masala
- 4 or 20 g black dried lemons (Lomi)
- 4 medium or 600 g tomatoes, diced
- 6 tablespoons or 90 g tomato paste
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 4 cups or 1 litre water
- 1 cup or 75 g fresh coriander leaves , finely chopped
- 1 kg prawns, cleaned
- 4 tablespoons or 60 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium or 150 g onion, sliced and fried (optional)
How to Prepare
- Clean the jareesh and lightly toast till it is golden brown. Remove from heat and clean thoroughly; soak in a bowl of water for 15 mins.
- In a pot, sauté the onions with oil till they are brown. Add the garlic, ginger and chillies. Then add the masala and the black lomi and cook for 2-3 mins on medium heat.
- Add the fresh tomato and tomato paste and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and water and bring to a boil.
- Add prawns and half of the coriander leaves and simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove the prawns from the stew. Add the jareesh and stir; cover the pot and let it simmer to cook for another 35 mins.
- Return prawns to the pot, add lemon juice and cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Garnish the dish with the remaining coriander and fried onions.