- 700 g chicken breast, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Juicy Chicken Coriander and Garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, washed
- 3 cups water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon or 45 ml fresh lime juice
- ½ cup black beans, cooked, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup, peeled and diced into 5 mm cubes
- 1 medium avocado, stone removed and diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Prepare
- In a medium bowl mix together minced chicken, egg, and the MAGGI® Juicy Chicken spice mix, mix well and shape into meatballs (smaller than a golf ball). Gently place inside the provided bag, tie the bag and cook in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a medium size pot, add onion and sauté until golden but not brown. Add washed quinoa and cinnamon stick, cover and allow to cook over medium heat until quinoa is fully cooked and the water is absorbed (around 20 minutes).
- Gently fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and transfer to a mixing bowl, remove cinnamon stick and discard. Add in lime juice, beans, pineapple, avocado and drizzle with olive oil. Gently toss the salad until mixed then transfer to a serving platter and arrange meatballs on top.