- For kebabs:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 600 g lamb, trimmed and cut into 1 cm strips
- 1 pack MAGGI® Shawarma Mix
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 medium ‘Sirvi’ green chilies, roughly chopped
- For the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon olive oi
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
How to Prepare
- Combine the lamb strips, oil, onions, chilies and MAGGI® Shawarma Mix in a mixing bowl, cover and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomato sauce by sauteing tomato paste, spices and olive oil in a medium saucepan, add water and simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is slightly thick. Set aside and keep warm.
- To prepare the kebabs, place a nonstick frying pan on high heat, add the meat mixture and cook to desired level of done-ness (10 minutes for well-done).
- To present, place broken up Turkish bread on the bottom of a deep serving dish, spoon yogurt evenly across and arrange the kebabs over the yogurt. Pour prepared tomato sauce over kebabs and sprinkle with parsley.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon and serve.