- 1 cup vermicelli
- 2½ cups rice, soaked and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 3 tablespoon rosewater
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup small pickled onions
- 1 kg king fish, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons ibzar
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- 2 big tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
How to Prepare
- Brown the vermicelli to a golden with vegetable oil in a large pot, then remove and keep aside.
- In the same pot, sauté the onion, garlic paste, ginger paste and cumin seeds.
- Add the king fish slices, lemon juice and ibzar.
- Remove the king fish and place aside.
- Add MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes, tomatoes, pickled onions, rice and the vermicelli. Add 5 cups of water.
- Cover the pot and let it cook on very low heat until all the liquid is absorbed.
- When the rice is cooked, return the king fish, add the saffron dissolved in rose water, and sprinkle coriander.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 extra mins.
- Serve garnished with coriander and lemon slices.