- 1 cup brown lentils, cooked and drained
- 1 cup chick peas, cooked and drained
- 1 cup Egyptian rice, cooked
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Kabsa Mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6-7 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed powder
- 1 medium chili, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 can crushed tomato with Juice
- 1 cup fried onions, optional garnish
- 300 g spaghetti pasta
How to Prepare
- In a food processor combine cooked lentils, chickpeas, rice and MAGGI® Kabsa Mix together. Process to a dough and set aside. Adjust stickiness with flour if needed. Form dough into medium size meatballs, arrange on a baking tray and bake in oven until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce by sautéing garlic in oil until golden. Add cumin, chili and vinegar and cook until it loses the sharp vinegar smell. Add tomatoes and simmer over medium heat for 10 mins.
- Boil pasta as directed. Drain and place on a serving dish, pour tomato sauce on top and arrange koshari balls over the sauce. Garnish with fried onions and serve.