- 1 cup brown lentils, soaked for 1 hour
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup short grain rice, washed
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Kabsa Mix
- 1 cup macaroni pasta
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fried onions, garnish
How to Prepare
- In a large rice pot, cook lentils in water until tender. Add rice and MAGGI® Kabsa Mix, cover and cook over medium-low heat until rice is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile cook pasta as directed on pack, drain and set aside.
- To prepare tomato sauce: Sauté onions in vegetable oil until golden. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Assemble the dish by layering the lentil and rice in a large serving plate. Place cooked pasta over rice and top with tomato sauce, garnish with chicken peas, fried onions and serve.