- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel Mix
- 1 pack kunafa dough
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock
- ½ cup water
- 1 chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup leeks, chopped
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place oven rack in the middle position.
- In a large bowl, mix the kunafa with melted butter and place it into a pie mold.
- Bake it in 180 degrees C preheated oven for 10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Meanwhile in a medium pan, heat olive oil and sauté onions until soft and add chicken, water and MAGGI® Chicken Stock and sauté until fully cooked.
- Add the mushrooms, leeks and stir.
- In a saucepan, combine skimmed milk and MAGGI® Béchamel Mix, bring to a boil and allow to simmer until slightly thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken mixture over the kunafa crust.
- Pour the béchamel sauce over the top. Also mix some béchamel with mozzarella cheese and pour on top, bake in a preheated oven at 1800C for 20 minutes or until kunafa is slightly golden on the sides.