- 1½ kg chopped boneless lamb pieces
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 12 dates
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 4 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- Roasted sesame seeds to garnish
How to Prepare
- In a deep bowl, mix the coriander with parsley, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, saffron and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water. Rub the lamb pieces with this marinade and keep aside for 2 hours at least.
- Heat the pot, and melt the butter with oil.
- Cook the lamb from both sides until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, chopped onions, and MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon and keep cooking until caramelized.
- Add the water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, bring the dates to a boil with a ½ cup of water and sugar. Keep boiling for 10 mins.
- Add the orange blossom water, and immediately remove from the heat.
- Serve the lamb tagine topped with the caramelized dates and sprinkled with sesame seeds.