- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 600 g lamb pieces
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Kabsa Mix
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium chilies
- 2 dried limes, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon saffron stirred in ½ cup hot water
- 2-3 tablespoon rosewater
- ½ cup mixed nuts, toasted
How to Prepare
- In a rice pot, sauté onions and chilies, remove and reserve for garnish.
- Meanwhile combine lamb, MAGGI® Kabsa Mix and yogurt in a mixing bowl and mix until fully coated. Add lamb mixture to the same pot along with dried lime and water. Cook until lamb is tender.
- Meanwhile boil rice in water until al dente, drain and pour over lamb mixture and add grated carrots & coriander leaves on top. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover tightly with lid. Allow rice to steam gently for 30 minutes until tender.
- Remove lid and drizzle top with saffron water and rosewater.
- Garnish with mixed nuts, fried onion, coriander and serve.