- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 800 g lamb, with bone cut into pieces
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Kabsa Mix
- 2 litre water
- 2 dried limes (loomi), cut into half and seeds removed
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed
- 1 cup golden raisins
How to Prepare
- In a large rice pot sauté onions in vegetable oil until golden. Add tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Add lamb pieces, MAGGI® Kabsa Mix, dried limes and water and bring to a boil.
- Once the lamb is cooked, add rice, raisins and adjust water level so that there is about 3 cm more water than rice in the pot. Cover and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is fully cooked.
- Serve the Lamb Machboos on a large platter with cucumber and yogurt raita.
- Chef’s Tip: You can also add vegetables such as carrots or peas to the Lamb Machboos to make it a complete meal.