- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 300 g lamb fillet, cut into 5 mm cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Kabsa Mix
- 1 dried lime (loomi), cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon dried orange zest
- 2 cups frozen green beans, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed
How to Prepare
- In a deep saucepan, sauté onions in vegetable oil until golden. Add lamb pieces and cook until slightly browned.
- Add tomato paste, MAGGI® Kabsa Mix, dried lime, orange zest and cook for about a min before adding green beans and water. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 mins until beans are tender and lamb is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in boiling water until half cooked. Drain and pour half of the rice in the bottom of a nonstick rice pot, spoon half of the meat & beans mixture over the rice. Repeat with the remaining rice, meat & beans mixture and cover tightly.
- Gently remove the lid taking care of steam and spoon rice on to a serving plate.
- Serve with yogurt and salad.