- ½ kg fresh vine leaves, trimmed
- 1 kg small zucchini, stems cut
- 1½ kg lamb chops
- 1 medium whole garlic bulb or 50 g, peeled
- 6 cups water
- 3 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- ½ cup lemon juice
- For the stuffing:
- 4 cups Egyptian rice or 800 g
- ½ kg minced meat
- 1 cube MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
How to Prepare
- Wash the vine leaves and zucchini.
- Dip the vine leaves in boiling water and lift immediately. Refresh under cold water and then drain.
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing well the rice, meat, crumbled MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes, pepper, and corn oil.
- Spread each vine leaf (shiny side down) on a flat surface. Put 1 tablespoon or teaspoon of the stuffing on each leaf (depending on the size); fold its sides a bit and roll it.
- Arrange the lamb chops in a pot; pack the stuffed vine leaves together in layers with garlic cloves in between.
- Put a heavy plate on top to keep the rolls in shape during cooking.
- Hollow the zucchini with an apple corer. Wash them again, and wash the inside.
- Stuff the zucchini and avoid overfilling them. Arrange them over the plate that’s in the pot.
- Boil the 6 cups of water in a pot with the 3 MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes; pour them over the stuffed vegetables and then add the lemon juice. Bring to boil and then cover and simmer for 2 hours, or until leaves are tender. (Add hot water while cooking if needed).
- Arrange in a platter and serve with fresh mint and spring onion.